Total Pageviews

Monday 14 May 2012

May 14th

Today the students signed up for the debate.  The debate will take place in partners.  I suggest that the students review their notes on debate as well as the video I showed in class.  The video is a youtube video, I recommend the Breck Elementary 4th grade debate part 1 and 2 (part 3 and 4 are also OK, but the teams are debating the same issue as in part 1 and 2).  These are the only video I showed the class and therefore the videos I have watch and OK, anything else the students watch on youtube they have done on their own. 
I also recommend that they review the assignments and the rubric again.  I went over the assignment last week but the students should get in the habit of going back to ensure they are on the right track.

In class today the student also had a shared reading on citing resource, as promised I have placed that resource on the blog.  If students would like to print it out they may, but it is on the Blog to refer back to when completing the persuasive essay component.

As always if there are any question students should come see me ASAP.

Cheers

Ms. B