Total Pageviews

Monday 14 November 2011

November 14th

 
I want to start by saying Thank you!! Ms Salinas said that you were a great class.  Also, I took a quick look at the journal handed in and from what I saw they look FANTASTIC.  I won't be able to mark the journals tonight as not many students handed in the rubric.  Could everyone please write their names on the assignment sheet and hand it in to Ms. Salinas tomorrow.  This means that for those students who did not hand in their work you get an extra day.  I hope to get these journals marked quickly.

Today the students had an introductory lesson to Poetry.  The students were asked to graffiti their preconceived ideas, thoughts and emotions on a piece of paper, this sheet will serve as their title page for the unit.

For homework the students can start thinking about poetry and examples of poems they like (or poems they hate - but be ready to defend why you hate them).  Students should also finish their title page.

Ms. B